Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 4.9% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on March 11th. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $195.37 or 0.02419260 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptox, Livecoin, Exmo and Mercatox. During the last seven days, Monero has traded down 8.4% against the dollar. Monero has a total market cap of $3.10 billion and approximately $26.26 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000030 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0083 or 0.00000102 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.91 or 0.00023580 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 14% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.84 or 0.00010400 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded down 22.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002679 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00015569 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00007233 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0041 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0573 or 0.00000710 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0278 or 0.00000344 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,865,649 coins. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC-Alpha, LiteBit.eu, Coinroom, SouthXchange, Exmo, OKEx, Tux Exchange, Bisq, Poloniex, Bithumb, Bittrex, Abucoins, Cryptox, Cryptomate, Cryptopia, Livecoin, Braziliex, Gate.io, Binance, Mercatox, Exrates, HitBTC, Qryptos, Kraken, Bitfinex and Upbit. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.